POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speed issue on scenes : Speed issue on scenes Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Speed issue on scenes
From: Spider
Date: 12 Mar 1999 18:27:10
Message: <36E91146.ECEAEAAF@bahnhof.se>
Hi, I've been working some with a glass object(a tree, recursed pretty low only
a few hundred objects.) using a fairly high IOR and some caustics, I had planned
to do a check of what the photon-mapping would add to this, but with a render
time at 6pps as it's best in normal POV, I can hardly get it finished..
I need to use AA, or it looks crap, but does anyone have some good AA settings
for a render that won't take the highest of times to use ?

Theese are my ini settings
Width=512
Height=384
Antialias=On
Antialias_Threshold=0.3
sampling_method=1
antialias_depth = 4
jitter=on
jitter_amount = 1

I want it in 512x368 so I can do a quality study of differences that won't be
noticeable in lower resolutions, but to wait 8-9 hours for a render that isn't
really good ??
I had some fairly nice looking textures in there as well, taht have been
discarded, a bozo between reflecting and transparent texture takes _TIME_ to
render. is it possible to speed that one up?

I only have one light_source, a spotlight fairly high up, I use a sky_sphere, to
get a background that will work nicely, so one can see the light breaking
through it. i have a textured sphere as a floor, since the advanced texture on
it made a plane _soooo_ slow.

Yes, I have textures that are problematic to render, since I wanted to see how
ligh broke the views, but this effect is almost silly...

I can post the source here, if anyone think they can help me with this.
Or, does anyone here have a quad-alpha, or anything higher than a p166 that htey
have connected to internet, freely giving access to me to run POV on it?
Probably not, but I thought it worth asking :-)

--
//Spider
( spi### [at] bahnhofse ) [ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]